HybridZ

Drive Shaft Rebuilds

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What kind of a dollar amount are you suggesting? My budget it swiftly dropping and I have yet an answer to my problem.

The driveshaft you are suggesting would consist of a yoke to match the T5, 2 u's from chevy and a flange to match the R200 (assuming the flange is the same on the diff. as the driveshaft). How would that be cheaper then swapping out the center section with a ford or chev. u's and keeping the datsun ends for the diff. and trans (that I know will fit)? The guy I spoke to can build me an entire shaft for $225 (ball park). Would the design you speak of reflect that price amount or would it differ? :confused:

That is a great idea hail.gif , I'm wondering if someone would have a used component lying around so I would not have to spend so much. :D:D

Or mabye, I should wait til' I have more money (if ever :D ) and go with the custom setup. bonk.gif

Nic cheers.gif

Guest Craig280z

Driveshaft adapter flange from JTR is

Drive Shaft Adapter Flange (2.25 Inch Pilot), #DAT-110 $49.

Used driveshaft from junk yard from a car with the T5 transmission is?

Cost from driveshaft shop to shorten the driveshaft to your required length is?

That's all I got smile.gif

Craig

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey All,

I just got finished replacing the driveshaft U-joints in an 83 280zx. Even though the Chilton's said it couldn't be done. I think I paid $28.00 for each end at a parts house in Houston (Houston Driveshaft 713-675-6375; ask for Kevin) The kit contains the cross (with zerks) and internal snaps to keep it all together. It is a pain in the ass but can be done. Maybe Kevin can come up with solid joints for the application.

Best of Days

hhaudio

Guest silverbullet

I know that on my 77-280 you can replace the halfshaft U-joints because I have replaced them all already and they were in stock down at the local parts store(not the best quality though) but Craig280z is right you should be able to get a good shop to replace the U-joints with replaceables, MSA does or at least used to sell spicer "heavy duty" U-joints(don't know how strong they really are) for these drive shafts but I aslo agree with Craig280z again in that you should be able to have a good shop make you a stronger solution for not to much more I would think, good luck :D .