HybridZ

finally figured it out

Guest chevsun

Guest chevsun

Hi fellow Z8'ers I finally figured out how to log on. I'm much more clever with cars than I am computers. Before I get to my needs I would like to mention that I met and watched Ron Jones run his 540 Z at the super chevy show and I have to say what an awsome car this is. 157 in the 1/4 when I watched him. His friend Sal was running a 350 in a Miata, another wild ride. Both super guys running hybrids.

I am curious if MikeKZ has his car up and running as I would like to know how the solid axle is working out because after I do the 377 this winter I will be seriously looking into a solid axle rear so I can stick more of this v-8 power to the ground, with my alum head 350 and 6 speed I can fry the tires now icon_cool.gif This leads me to my first question.

Has anyone running a t-56 had trouble getting the b/up lights to work? I get 12 volts through the switch but as soon as I plug the lights in I loose the voltage but if I hook to a known 12v source I have lights. I hate to run them on a toggle. any ideas? someone recommended a relay but my 5 speed worked fine through the switch.

My second question has to do with a dumptruck collision (my sons TONKA) I took out the passenger side front directional lens and hate to pay $50 for a new one through Motorsport or BV and with inspection comeing up I need one soon. my car is a 73 If anyone has one I will pay a fair price. thanks for reading my b/s, happy motoring. I love sunny weather and dry pavement. Steve

Hey Steve, glad to see you back! No my car is not running yet, but soon! I'm just finishing up the mess of wiring icon_sad.gif .So you say the backup lights don't work through the T56 switch? That's strange, it's just an on/off switch. I wired my backup lights through that also, but I'm not hooked to the battery yet. By the way the door latch works fine!

Guest Fast Frog

Chevsun:

If your Z is a 280(75-78), I've got a bunch of those front directional lenses. Give me your mailing address and which side you need and I'll mail you one.

Rick

Oops! should have read to the bottom of your post. You've got a 73. I can't you but the Z Barn can. get on Zcar.com. The Z Barn has an ad on that site with their 1-800 phone number.

[ June 15, 2001: Message edited by: Fast Frog ]