HybridZ

welding bolts

Guest buds260z

Guest buds260z

i have preached an engin to trans Adaptersfor a chevy 2.5 so i can bolt a 700-r4 to it came with no info for the converter so it dose not mach up to the flexplat bolt holes so can i weld bolts to the conversion like a ford c-6 and dril new holes in the flxeplat to make it work.

A picture is worth a thousand words. What I'm getting out of your question is this adapter allows you to bolt a 700r-4 (typically fitted to 90 degree V6 and V8) to a Chevy 2.5 (60 degree pattern or sometimes called an inverted T). How thick is this adapter? Is it cast aluminum or a thin piece of steel? I can only assume it is steel. Are you using the stock flexplate for the 2.5 and trying to use the stock convertor for the 700r-4? It may be as simple as using the proper convertor found behind the 2.5. It may be that you need to use a V6/V8 flexplate if it will allow you to do so (clearances and starter engagement come to mind). My guess is either convertor is dimensionally the same in depth and will engage the input shaft/pump drive of the transmission but smaller in overall diameter. You may need to head over to a transmission shop or junk yard to do some comparisons. That said, I don't know what you're talking about when refering to welding bolts. It should not make any measurable difference if you drill new holes to mount the larger convertor assuming all other dimensions allow for proper engagement of the transmission input shaft/pump drive. Lastly, there MUST be a 4 speed auto transmission to fit a 2.5 engine that would make everything easier.