HybridZ

280z in progress

Hey Everyone,

I've been working on my Z for about a month now (3 total days - weekend project) and finally have it to the bones. My brother and I have found hardly any rust. The only rust is passenger rear lower quarter and drivers side dogleg...everything else is in great shape (Battery Tray, Firewall, Framerails, Floorpans - Sweet!).

Anyhow, I was so excited to see it finally stripped down, I thought I would share the fun pics.

IMG_0179_thumb.jpg IMG_0180_thumb.jpgIMG_0183_thumb.jpgIMG_0185_thumb.jpg

IMG_0188_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

I'll tell you it's a great feeling to have it torn down and KNOW exactly how what will be done and that it will be done right.

I hope everyone keeps an eye on this thread through the next year. My bro and I built one car together already (http://www.mcraemotorcompany.com/92acura/gallery.html) and it came out awesome, then we sold it.

We are taking this one to the next level by taking it to the bones. Then after this one is done ...a '72 Cheyenne Pickup, followed by the Vettes in the background :)

Stay tuned...and don't worry if you have the desire...you'll be doing it to yours one day..

These flares were already on the car when I picked it up and the install was done well...thankfully. They will certainly be staying on the car. Since I will be going with a charcoal color, I think the flares will look great.

From what I read they are still available according to a post in Sept 08.

Here is the info:

MAS (ph: 651-644-6811) and they still carry the bubble flares. They currently cost $69 for the front and $79 for the rear.

Best of luck and stay tuned...more to come.