HybridZ

Help with th350

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This past summer I had the automatic in my el camino changed to a TH350. The car was originaly a v6 manual but the previous owner swaped in a 350 with automatic. Anyways the TH350 is practicaly all new and I've had it back in the transmission shop a few times for minor problems but not too long after I got it back from the shop I started to notice the same problems arise when i started to push the car some, some of the same problems that i took the car into the shop in the first place. If I step on the gass from a stand still too hard the car wont go but there is a shaking and loud rattling sound. Granted this is only when i hit the gass really hard (i was seeing if i was able to do a burn out at the time) but it didnt seem right for a new transmission. Since then i put on a few hundred miles and this weekend when leaving a parkinglot with an awkward exit the car bottomed out while i was giving it gass and when this happend it was almost as if the transmission dissengaged and the engine freely reved. I had to put the transmission into 2 and back into drive to get it to re-engage. (this was the original problem with the transmission before i got it replaced only that it happend alot more often). Now does anyone know whats going on? Is this an inherent problem with the transmission or should i be concerned? I can't really afford to do anything right now but id like to knwo whats going on and how easy i should take it. like i said ive taken it back several times for several non related problems and the shop went ahead and took the oil pan off and took a look and didnt see anything wrong. yeah so whats the deal?

Guest greimann

Carefully check your shift linkage for correct position and throw. Also check your motormounts and trans mounts for sloppiness. It sounds like that when the motor and trans moves around during hard acceleration or going over a bump, the linkage is shifting itself to an inbetween position or out of gear.