HybridZ

sr20 in a s130 2+2

TomtOm

hey guys im planing on chucking in a SR20DET into my 280zx 4 seat, was just wondering if anyone have done this conversion before, if there is any extra work that need to be done, drill holes, spacers etc=S or does it just fit right in?

sorry i didnt search b4 posting...please link me if there is an existing thread.

Thank you.

lol T.T dont sounds like good news =

im guessing i gota take it to a professional to do it =

not if you're a good hand mechanically, but you will need a LOT more work than just dropping it in and bloting it up.

Your best bet is to use the Search button BEFORE you ask and spend a month perusing all the threads. even the S30 specific ones will give you hints on what to do to the S130.

ahhh will do~ cheers

edit: sorry if there is any confusion, i meant just the mounting stage... obviously the wiring and piping will need extra work...but i was just wondering if i can mount the sr20 engine in the 280zx engine bay with out any extra modifications? =

Cheers ^o^

• 1 month later...

i was just wondering...if i changed the whole drive train... with the axle shafts and every thing..into the the s13/s14 one....could that make my life easier? because with that i can apply s13/s14 breaks and suspension etc etc... what do guys think? anyone tried it?...

i was just wondering...if i changed the whole drive train... with the axle shafts and every thing..into the the s13/s14 one....could that make my life easier? because with that i can apply s13/s14 breaks and suspension etc etc... what do guys think? anyone tried it?...

n because that in itself would be a far harder mod than adapting s14/15 brakes to the standard drive line