HybridZ

Cam + other Suggestions please

Lurch2461

Hi All,

I have an L28ET to build.

Engine specs are as follows:

F54 Block + 1.0mm, P90 Head, 45mm in valves, 36.5mm ex valves, Ross Racing 87mm flat top (8.7:1) forged pistons, 4340 chrome molly rods, 550cc S4 RX7 turbo injectors, factory cast exhaust manifold - power ported and ceramic coated, Garrett GT BB 3076R turbine with ceramic coated exhaust housing, and will be controlled by a Haltech E8 computer.

I have a 3" exhaust planned and a choice of an N42 non EGR inlet manifold, or stock EGR turbo inlet manifold. I have 2 x throttle bodies, 1 x JDM dual stage & a 60mm off the RB25DE.

Turbo will spool up at 2500/3000rpm and would like to stay below 7500 and keep boost to about 20psi max.

Power expectations are 350/400 at the wheels.

Vehicle application will be primarily Hill Climbs & Drags, with some track days.

Thanks.

Sorry guys,

Just did a search for some very good information.

There is probably more than I need.

But for a theory here in Oz, that getting the exhaust out better as opposed to getting the fuel in?

Is this the best and dollars aren't really an issue??

thanks, D

Just got off the phone from a Cam Grinder (Camtech) and they say lobe separation of about 114 degrees is more beneficial than the stock 110. If this is the case some sort of custom grind/billet is needed, so maybe a stage 1 Schneider spec 17042 cam should be considered.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, D

with a wider LSA you can run more duration and still maintain the stock overlap.

stock cam has 240/248 duration with 110 lsa which makes about 24 degrees overlap

msa Turbo 1 cam has 260/250 with 114 lsa which makes about 27 degrees over lap.

therefore the msa T1 cam is made for a stock or mildly modified turbine which is good for low rpm boost.

with high compression, go for the T2 or T3 cam and a later boosting turbine.