HybridZ

87 companion flange swap into 73 240? plausible?

Guest 240hybrid

Guest 240hybrid

Putting a 87 LSD into a 73 240, is it possible to use the companion flanges from a 87 and swap them for the companion flanges in a 73 240z so as to make a direct bolt up of the CV axle to the companion flange. Or is an 87to73 adapter totally necessary for 87 CV's to be used in a 73 240. :confused: Or is the diameter of the 87 too large to swap into the 73's place?

Guest 240hybrid

Im not sure if I worded it right. I'm not talking about the flanges/splines that go into the Diff. itself....I'm talking about the companion flange where the ends of the cv's bolt up to it. The companion flanges that go into the hub/drum brake assembly. twak.gif

Guest Anonymous

What I have been talking about in your two related posts has been about the half shafts and /or cv joint inter change to the stub axles located in the rear strut tube housing.. A 240 Z has smaller splined stub axles than the larger 280 Z.Your oem 240 stubs should be smaller than the 280 stubs. Mike C just answered and clarified another post about inserting the 280 u joint halfshafts into the 300 ZX LSD diff as an alternative approach.As for the pinion diff flange variations, that topic was revisited all last week.