HybridZ

Hey BLK MGC-Valve covers

Guest needwaymorespeed

Guest needwaymorespeed

I just went to youre web site and love those valvecovers! Any chance we can find out where to get those bitchin parts??

thanks

Curtis

Jeg's sells them - they're sheet meatl valve covers from Granatelli Performance icon_biggrin.gif They come with NO holes in them and you must drill out holes for the PCV and for th efill. In my case I had a Moroso aluminum oil fill TIG'ed in but it wasn't easy. The Moroso unit's thread's began to mel with the heat from th eTIG and I had to fix them up with a Dremal afterwards (sigh).

Chevy performance parts sells a nice cast lauminum set that Jeg's also just started carryinh. It's what's on Darius' car and is what I would've gone with if I hadn't used these. Price is about the same between the two but fitting ignition looms would be easier with the cast covers - I'm not yet sure how I'm going to route the wires with these covers...

Just be sure to put good functional baffles on vc's you're drilling your own holes on.....I went thru this with M/T valve covers/nice thick al/quiet. Tried the moroso plastic baffles and others and none worked...finally drilled and tapped out the SMALL bosses they cast in for TINY bolts and made ~1.25" diameter metal 'plates' and bolted them on spaced out 1/8" or so and they DID work but a PITA to do.

The GMPP cast/polished alum. valve covers come with v. good baffles and the 'drippers' I'm rather fond of as well as the nice rails that hug the valve cover gasket to help prevent leaks. Glad I got mine used cheaper, AIR they're ~$150US new but if I had that dough and needed vc's I get 'em again icon_smile.gif Wish I had some pics up to show.....

The breather I'm using actually has a PCV valve inside of it. No baffle under that but I believe it's ahead of the rockers anyway. If it sucks oil getting anything to baffle it will be tough! No drippers or anything liek that underneath - just smooth aluminum. We'll see how it goes, I've got roller rockers so I hope it'll be okay.

quote:

Originally posted by SpeedRacer:

It might not be to big a problem because Summit or Jegs sells a breather rubber grommet with the baffles built in. There is a lot of oil flying around inside an SBC valve cover so I would use a baffle.

All those rubber grommets IME and others are ineffective/junk. I'd tried 'em all and finally a drag racing crew chief set me straight and I tapped my old covers for a simple metal one....everything else was just a fine slit or something that still had a fairly straight shot thru it.

Guest needwaymorespeed

thanks blkmgk

ross I think I know the ones youre talking about on the gm valve covers there polished and have a blue bowtie in the middle of them-VERY NICE! I also like the dripper idea

Curtis