HybridZ

Just cause I never posted pics of my car before

I was thinking about my car (like I do 99.9% of the time) and remembered I haven't posted photos of it on here, except for when I was asking about the floorboards in another posted but all the pics there were from under the car. Its a 260Z. When I got it, it had both the 240Z and 280Z styled turn signals which I removed the 280Z ones that werent even wired in. And it also had a 280Z front bumper, that I removed, and no rear bumper. The SUs stopped working after I was able to drive it for one day!!!! But I have the Arizona Z manifold and a brand new Holley 390 with all the fixings waiting for me back in Arkansas. When I get to go home in the end of March I'll be able to put all that on and drive it again. BTW, those tires were put on by the previous owner right before he let it sit and they still look brand new, no cracks or anything, perfect tread. Had to replace the stem valves in the wheels though because one leaked and I figured might as well get them all replaced.

l_23e8f77b2cf6165052272fa6d45c4230_thumb.jpg

l_6869a2dbfac82d84931ff86a878b9843_thumb.jpg

l_c4ece216811ea9d6e44e920ea68330ef_thumb.jpg

l_cf2cd8aa331e3fb2a61d5809ac585c73_thumb.jpg

I know, but it should be cleaned up pretty good after getting the Holley 4-barrell on there. The previous owner put new speakers in for the radio but I'm not sure if they're completely hooked up or not because the radio wasnt working and you can actually see the wires for them going under the carpet in the trunk. After I get it running I'm gonna have some friends help me get the radio working because I don't know anything about audios and I took the radio out of my Mustang and now I realize how important a radio is for a car you drive everyday, lol. Especially on the 15 hour trip between Arkansas and Pennsylvania.

Yeah, unfortunately the radio issue is a problem of mine as well. I thought I was going to leave it out, but I quickly realized after listening to music in my garage and on the road every day how essential it is. That and dashboard gauges... need those connected too.

And come to think of it, windshield wash fluid tanks. Its so bloody hard to find those anywhere!

Oh yeah, mine doesn't have the washer reservoir either, I still have the motor that went to it but the reservoir got brittle and was shattered before I bought the car. Wipers dont work either. Have a lot of bugs to work out...Fuel lever sender doesn't work (if I take it out and clean it, might it work then?)

Besides the front rails being chopped in half when the previous owner replaced the floor pans, the only other negative thing about the body is a the giant rust hole under the battery tray. If the car is driving good after I get the new carb on there then I'll bring up here and bring it into my Street Rod class in July and fix the rust holes, floors, and shave the sidemarkers and emblems off. Make it look nice and clean. For the front frame rails I want to cut off the rest of it and run 2X3 .120 wall rectangular tubing all the way back to the crossmember to the rear subframe. And since I want to do a Mustang II type suspension up front with coilovers the strut towers actually become useless and I can cut out the whole inner fender. Basically it would be like the 60's Camaros and Mustangs with the unibody rear and nothing but rails sticking out in front, except mine would be welded in and not a removable stub...but this is years in the future. First I need fix the sheet metal, graduate, find a job, and hopefully be able to work in a shop that will allow me to work on my own project

• 1 month later...

I just got the Arizona Z car manifold and Holley put on it, it didnt start the other day so I'm about to go out and go over the ignition system. I hope it runs because I wanna take the Z back to school and leave the Mustang with my friend and I leave tomorrow.