HybridZ

Clutch for a T56 with an old-style SBC?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've got a "built" Chevy 350 with a 1970 block that I'm going to run with a 1996 T56 from a Z28. I have the flywheel/clutch that came with the tranny, but the bolt pattern is different than on my motor.

Can anybody tell me what kind of flywheel/clutch I'll need? I'm looking primarily at McLeod and Centerforce, but any input would be helpful. Especially part numbers! I have a HEAVY steel flywheel from a truck SBC that I can use if needed.

Thanks,

Jim

You'll need the Centerforce SFI flywheel for this. Figure $250 + clutch. Don't run a run of the mill clutch if this puppy makes BIG power. My car will make in the 425+ range but I'm going to run a slightly upgraded clutch - I figure the lighter vehicle weight will help but it remains to be seen if this will be enough. If you're much over that ask around to see what's best.

Make sure you check the holes in that flywheel too - mine came sans threads in one hole icon_rolleyes.gif Anyway, that flywheel is made for this applicaiton. Looks really funky and is pretty heavy but...