HybridZ

PW and duty cycle issues

HB280ZT

Hi All,

Well I am chasing down an issue with PW and duty cycle spiking up and down with the TP being constant, this happens at rpms above 3500. Not sure how to explain it better then that so here is a datalog that shows it towards the end of the log. Look around the 324 time period.

Thanks for the help.

HB280ZT

datalog200902221012.zip

Matt,

In my acceleration wizard window I am running a 30kPa/s MAPdot Threshold and a .977v/s TPSdot Threshold. So you are telling me to up these numbers to compensate for the change in PW and duty cycle, is that correct?

Also when I look at the datalog (in excel) I am seeing the following chages at or around time of 324:

324.204 PW 7.1 DutyCycle 19.5

324.332 PW 5.2 DutyCycle 14.3

324.588 PW 6.9 DutyCycle 19.0

324.971 PW 6.8 DutyCycle 19.3

325.099 PW 4.9 DutyCycle 13.9

325.354 PW 6.1 DutyCycle 17.8

325.482 PW 4.8 DutyCycle 13.6

The reason that I am looking at this as a possible problem is because I am chasing a flutter issue in my car under part boost and everyone that I talk to at several different turbo places (all the big turbo distributors) say my problem is tuning related. Also at this time the car was fluttering when I logged this datalog.

So am I chasing my tail or what??????????????

I have been working this problem going on several years now with no solution.

Thanks for the help.

HB280ZT

While reading the MS extra manual I came across this statement:

"You can also turn just the Decel off in either mode when in Boost, this is to prevent the ECU cutting fuel down (using the Decel) by you simply easing off the accelerator a little when in boost."

The reason I mention this is because I noticed that my Decel light comes on when the PW and Duty cycle spike.

So that being said when in boost is when I have this problem so back to the statement. How do I turn out Decel when in boost?

HB280ZT