HybridZ

Pull out yoke from T5

Guest Anonymous

Guest 240hybrid

I jacked the rear end of the car up high enough to keep all the gear oil from spilling on me, but as soon as I let the car down some to make removal of the tranny from the motor dowls easier, I was met with the tides of gear oil when I went to get back under the car. I've heard of using ATF before, but am still doubting this, have you had any problems with heat or shifting with ATF before Dan Juday?? Has anyone ever ran MTF AND ATF, and compared or made any preferences for either. I like the idea of MTF in my MANUAL T5 though, maybe its just me.

Guest greimann

Let clairify whaich T5 you have. If it is a GM or Ford T5, you must run ATF because of needle bearings that would otherwise be starved for lubrication with a heavier gear oil. If you have a Nissan T5, you need to run API Gl4 gear oil 80w90.

If you have a GM or Ford T5, I would recommend TCI racing ATF that has a form of molydisulfide in it for EP additive. Summit carries it.