HybridZ

Driveshaft problem?

Kimi

I have a 240Z with a Ford 289, a GM T5 and a R200. The problem is that after about 55 mph on the speedo the car starts to "shake", like there would be some problem with the tyres. I've checked them and no problem there, they are in pretty good balance. The problem is really bad, and I can not drive faster than about 60 mph, becouse then the car is shaking so badly that my teeth loosens... fmad.gif

Could it be that the drive shaft is not balanced correctly? Or could it something else? I am going to balance the drive shaft in any case.

Thanks Mike KZ. That site was very informative. I'm afraid that something like that must be wrong in my Z. Will try to find out what part is not placed as it should be. There has been so many drivetrain-modifications in the car that I'm surpriced that the situation ain't more critical.

I have used the Ford bellhousing. I have a custom made piece of aluminium, so the GM T5 fits with the Ford bellhousing. I used to have a Ford T10, but the diff is a 3.70 so there was not enough gears. The T5 is better in my case 2thumbs.gif

(The clutch is from a Pontiac Transporter and the hydraulic-cylinders are Datsuns own).