HybridZ

Trouble with hood scoop

HockeyCJ

Right now I am not working on my Z, but I figured someone would know how to solve my problem. Right now, I am working on my 68 mustang project, and I put a hood scoop on it. I put bondo around the edge of the hood scoop to connect it to the hood after I bolted it down, but when it moves just a little, the bondo cracks and it looks terrible. I have tried glues to try to make it so it wouldn't move, and I had this rubber stuff that was supposed to be like bondo but it was able to move a little, but it would never dry. So I was hoping that someone would know of something that you're supposed to use to avoid this problem?

Right now I am not working on my Z, but I figured someone would know how to solve my problem. Right now, I am working on my 68 mustang project, and I put a hood scoop on it. I put bondo around the edge of the hood scoop to connect it to the hood after I bolted it down, but when it moves just a little, the bondo cracks and it looks terrible. I have tried glues to try to make it so it wouldn't move, and I had this rubber stuff that was supposed to be like bondo but it was able to move a little, but it would never dry. So I was hoping that someone would know of something that you're supposed to use to avoid this problem?

Rivit scoop to hood. Get a fiberglass repair kit or 2. Follow All instructions on glass kit. Use the fiberglass cloth soaked in resin. put at least 2 layers around ALL seams. Sand fiberglass and smooth. ONLY use bondo as a final finishing product. You can drill out rivits after fiberglass has cured or you can leave them in. Also, go to www.youtube.com and do a search. I beat there are videos on how-to fiberglass work