HybridZ

s130 exhaust on s30

GrenadeZ

Generally speaking... Would it be feasible in your opinion bolt a s130 exhaust up to a s30? I can get a good deal on a custom 2.5" mandrell system for a 280zx 2+2 but Im not sure how well it will fit. I have checked out the underside of an s130 but its hard to tell. Are there any reasons it shouldnt work? any big obstacles. Im going to make some measurements tomorrow on an s130, but I cannot see the exhaust so I dont know its dimensions. I figured someone had tried or looked into this before on the site, and I couldnt really come up with a creative search

I had the MSA twice pipes on my ZX. It seemed pretty good to me, although they are different though. I had to run it under the rear differential and sway bar instead of running it above like the ZX's do, but all in all it can be done. Still had plenty of ground clearance and flow considering the pipes are only about an inch and a half in diameter a piece. I just took mine off only becuase it was just to quiet for me. I still have the set up if your interested. The only thing is that you may have to make an extension for it considering that you have a 2+2 model. And another thing it is pretty rusty too considering its probably made out of mild steel. Id hate to throw it out though.

I had the MSA twice pipes on my ZX. It seemed pretty good to me, although they are different though. I had to run it under the rear differential and sway bar instead of running it above like the ZX's do, but all in all it can be done. Still had plenty of ground clearance and flow considering the pipes are only about an inch and a half in diameter a piece. I just took mine off only becuase it was just to quiet for me. I still have the set up if your interested. The only thing is that you may have to make an extension for it considering that you have a 2+2 model. And another thing it is pretty rusty too considering its probably made out of mild steel. Id hate to throw it out though.

Plus routing the piping under, rather than over, makes its easier to drop out.

Just have to unbolt from the manifold/header and take it off the hangers (If you modified the hangers to the non bolt type)