HybridZ

carb to FI?

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

me being new at this older engine stuff, engine stuff in general i guess...can you turn a carbed engine into a fuel injected one? how hard is it to do and how much? thanks.

dan

Sure, it can be done. You can put injectpor bungs into the carb intake and run an air doorthrottle body or you can swap on an OEM style EFI intake. Pluses and minuses on both sides of that.

Cost is another matter - do you want to be able to adjust it yourself or would you be happy having someone tune a chip for you? You can run an OEM computer or an aftermarket one. How radical is the motor? You can spend tons if you want, it's spending only a little that's harder! If you're really unfamilier with EFI thne check out the SDS EFI systems. Their computers require no laptop and are supposed to be pretty simplecheap to setup. Some here are running them on the L6 and can speak to them better than I.

I plan to go EFI myself in the future but I've yet to decide what I'll do for a computer and the manifold decision is still somwhat in the air.

P.. for you EFI guys, Whipple is supposed ot be coming out with their own EFI computer real soon now. Very powerful CPU and I think it's supposed to be MAF based! This could be really nice... icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

You can get a complete FI system from Accel like the one Mike Kz has it has everything you need from the fuel pump forward, all you need is your own fuel line from the tank to the fuel rails. He's right here local so go take a look. this is one of the best aftermarket setups you can buy for the money and it isn't a mindboggling installation.