HybridZ

Alternator issues. Please Help.

Ok so last week I gave my buddy a jump at work with my Z and of course the next day my Z dies while i'm driving it. Radio shut off and then it started running like crap and died. I had lights on, wipers, and radio on. I get a jump and i'm back and running fine. On my way home battery is dead again and get another jump and get home fine. Take battery to Autozone and they say its not holding a charge. So I get a new one. 4 days later car shuts off again while driving and battery is dead again. This time after I got a jump it would die as soon as I turn the lights on. So i'm guessing now its probably the alternator.

So here is my issue. My Z is somewhat of a mut. Its a 75 280z with a 77-78 engine. I don't know what alternator is in it right now. It looks like it might be a bigger alternator but how can I tell. Also there are some wires that are cut and spliced together next to the alternator that i'm guessing may go to my voltage regulator??

So I guess I need to determine what type of alternator i should buy. Also where is the best and quickest place to get one.