HybridZ

fast burn 385 question

Guest Neil

I was just poking around and looking at crate motors. I was interested in the fast burn 385, but i found a web site that sells them and it is "for use on pre-emmisions cars ('73 and earlier). Is that true? I've got a '76 and live in Virginia where they are kind of strict with yearly car inspections, but not emmisions testing. Just curious. I'm not settled on a type of motor yet, but I would like to have around 400hp. Any other suggestions/experiences?

(and, yes, i have already searched this topic)

Virginia is 25 years and older exempt. So.... Guess what icon_smile.gif I believe you're good to go buddy, congrats! icon_biggrin.gif Mine is a '72 FWIW and I've got no worries about inspection, emissions, etc. etc. Schweet!

Hrm, just in case though double check wih DMV. This was supposed to have been a fairly recent law and I know that at least one attempt to change it has supposedly failed. Don't take my word as gospel though just in case as I'd feel REALLY bad if I ended up wrong (sigh).

[ June 19, 2001: Message edited by: BLKMGK ]