HybridZ

Source for Braided Transmission Lines

georgiaz

Just in case anyone is interested you can get braided transmission lines from Inline Tubes for around $99.00. That is a little pricey but they look great and its no more than having them custom made. I ordered a set for the Z made for a 72 Chevy C10 that you cut to fit and will have enough left over to do a fuel line.

Guest 240hybrid

Im pretty sure if your running tranny oil through it you can run fuel through it, correct?? Or get the specified kind to run fuel through. Does that come with end fittings too?? Also how long and what diameter were the lines that you got for that 72 c10. Im interested in running 3/8 for a supply and return on my Z and would appreciate it if you could supply contact info. to them. thanks

I would think that fuel should not pose a problem for the lines since trans fluid is also petroleum based. They sent me one line probably over eight feet long or so (I will check it tonight) with fittings on both ends. Two short hard lines about 8 inches long that hook to the trans, then connect to the fitting on the braided line. You route the line to the radiator and cut it to length. Then you do the same thing with the other end of the braided line and cut off any excess. the guy at Inline said to cut the braided line with a ziz wheel, then connect it to a compression fitting to the radiator. They even called me after I ordered to confirm the size the fitting going to the radiator was before they made up the kit. The number to Inline is 1-800-385-9452. Easy folks to talk to.

Guest 240hybrid

I appreciate it, Im going to be running new fuel lines here soon and would like to find a few different places to check prices and qualities/durabilities of the several different products. Thanks alot....Chase