HybridZ

Parts Quality and Details

Hello all

Well I've been lookin for a fuel pump all week. Local stores have an airtex for about 100 bucks ( which sucks I've heard) and the Bosch for 275 with lifetime warranty, but that is A LOT of money; Anyone used a good replacement pump for a 76 280z?? I called Black Dragon but they won't say who makes their repop pump. Its 190 bucks.

Also, on a 76, I cant just replace the fuel pump relay?? It is in the EFI relay??? Do those go bad??? They are about 110 bucks at MSA.

I also plan to get a new FPRegulator. Any reccs??

If my fuel system doesn't hold pressure after shutdown (drops to 0 psi in about 10 seconds) and my pump gets louder the longer I've driven it (its usually quiet every time i start it and its cold) does that indicate pump and FPReg?

Thanks

Oh I'm cleaning all the electrical connections/grounds today to try to fix rich problem. I've read the EFI bible and understand it now.

Have you considered that you may have a leaking injector? That could account for the rapid pressure drop and rich condition too. Pulling the plugs shortly after shutoff might indicate a possible culprit (very wet plug). Does the oil reek of gas? I can't speak of the pumps or relays because I'm still running SU's.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have considered the injectors. I did the screwdriver/ear test on them and they all sound even. I pulled all the plugs and they are all equally carbon fouled black. They smell like gasoline.

Main reason I suspect fuel pump is the loud whining it begins to emit when car has began to warm up, a telltale sign of soon failure (so I've been told). Its not as loud when first started.

Any specific test for injectors using ohmeter I can use??

Thanks again.

Also, I have considered buying the Delphi fuel pump. Airtex seems to suck and fail, and the Bosch is real expensive. Any experience with these pumps anyone? I know they supply GM with lots of parts.

Was def running rich, a little better now that I've cleaned all connections and adjusted TPS for proper contact. I plan to put new NGKs in there if I can't clean mine off, they only have about 300 miles on them (NGK also)