HybridZ

Stereo install in Z32 NEED A LIL HELP?

KingsKid

I installed my kenwood cd player into my Z32 as per the instructions using a interface because of the Bose system. When I completed the install the sound bearly comes out the speakers but is loud out of the mid in the front. I have the interface on factory amp but there is no factory amp that I see. There was an old aftermarket player that I took out but it didn't work. There was an older style interface that was in place but I still saw no amp.

Anyone with experiance installing in a Z32 can help, I'll be very great full. My guess is there is no factory amp but I really don't know what I'm looking for. Thanks!

• Administrators

As I recall the amp for the OE BOSE systems is at the speaker itself. With that, possibly the previous owner may have used the interface for the center speaker only and replaced the door and rear speakers with regular speakers? That could explain the weak sound from the other speakers?

My '93 still has the BOSE speakers, Alpine deck that controls hidden iPod, previous owner installed an interface and work fine, (no middle speaker).