HybridZ

Flywheel question...need help please.

Jwink25

Guest Anonymous

I am not that familiar with 240 Z's or L24 motors. I am assuming that is what you have since your credits suggest this. Your 5 speed tranny has to be a 1977 or later. The biggest problem is that your flywheel bearing collar must match web page the style of the flywheel. The ideal solution is to obtain a flywheel,pressure plate,clutch,throw out bearing,slave cylinder and clutch fork from a 1975-83 motor with a 2+2 and Turbo Zx being the most desirable using a larger 780 pound presure plate and a wider clutch contact area. The 2+2/ZXT and the coupe clutch are not interchangeable because the pressure plate dowel holes will not match.Remove the 1/4 inch metal spacer between the automatic drive plate and crank when adding the flywheel. I imagine you could use a 240 or 260 clutch "if" you find the right flywheel and throw out bearing. Pull a flywheel,pressure plate,slave cylinder clutch fork and throw out bearing out of a 2+2 75 up L28 and you got about the closest thing to a full competition clutch available