HybridZ

MSII frying my injectors?

Sean73

I'm a MS newbie installing MSII on my 3.0L Turbo Stroker and am having injector issues.

I've discovered 2 bad injectors out of 12 after testing them on my rail with MSII and PWM. I did not test the injectors personally prior to installation, but they should have been good.

I setup PWM according to the sticky with my NA RX7 low impedance injectors.

I don't know if the MS or my mistake could have fried the injectors but it looks very suspicious. Is there anything else I could be missing besides the PWM settings that could be frying injectors?

On the one hand maybe I should just install resistors and be done with it, but on the other hand I'd to use the PWM if I can. Any ideas?

How are you determining that the injectors are bad? Are you measuring them with an ohm meter or seeing that they don't inject fuel correctly?

No click when voltage is applied from a 9V battery. Resistance is normal at about 2.5 ohms.

Does the pintle move freely on these injectors that don't click? I have had a lot of used injectors that had the pintle get stuck. They did not click like you say. After cleaning them and freeing the pintle they worked fine. If they have been setting around for a while I would suspect that is the problem.

Does the pintle move freely on these injectors that don't click? I have had a lot of used injectors that had the pintle get stuck. They did not click like you say. After cleaning them and freeing the pintle they worked fine. If they have been setting around for a while I would suspect that is the problem.

good tip... I got one working that way and will try the other after work. thanks!