HybridZ

Need Help In Phoenix!!!

Guest sb400z

I have recently picked up a 3.7 LSD R200 from a z31 and need help installing it. I have a shop with a lift and all the tools. I just need someone that knows what they are doing to help guide us in the right direction. Also, I know i need some extra pieces to make the lsd work, so if anybody out here in Phoenix knows a good place to get parts, let me know. I'm looking forward to getting it in there. Just need to do it right the first time because this is my daily driver and I have to get to ASU by 7:00 every day. Thanks in advance.

umm the z31 diff has different teeth and i thing the input shafts are different...i dont think it'll work easily..you're better off picking up one out of a turbo 200SX (silvia) or just a 280ZX 5 speed w/ a 3.90

sorry to burst your bubble

Guest Anonymous

Hey , sb400z.

Ummm.... Actually I belive the Z31 diff will work in your car if you use stock r200 parts from a 76 and later 280z;(inner halfshafts and diff flanges). But,seeing as you seem to be using a 400sbc you may want to upgrade to C.V. axles as these are said to take much more torque.

I am in mesa and will be doing this mod soon. I have a diff and axles on the fllor in the shop right now.

I picked up the axles from dave @ arizona z car. they are skyline parts. we will be making adapters for this app. as soon as I am done installing the big brake kit and 17x8's and the 5 spd. Whew...

I have lots o great parts and no time to install. ;)

If you are interested in looking at my project, e-mail me privately with your Ph# and maybe we can schedule something.

Cheers, Mike

P.s. search the archives under LSD swap.

thanks you all. As soon as i a little more cash, i'll try to get the rest of the parts. I need rims, coil overs, and big brakes as well. Well, I don't really need them, but I guess I don't really need 400 cubes in a 2500 pound car either...

cubes of what?? ;)

actually, I just wanted to post this so there would be four Phoenix-area postings in a row!

Any of you guys race, come out to Firebird this weekend.

(and yes, I know this should really be posted elsewhere)