HybridZ

Waahhh.. I'm really getting the V8Z bug again!

A while back I decided to keep the L6 for a while and have some fun for it... and now that my buddy got his SR20DET for his race/street 510, I'm really really jonesing for a V8 swap! The only bad part is that I have about $210 remaining in my car fund.. :P I guess I'll try to get a summer job (yes I'm unemployed.. don't ask :P) and start saving up. What I'd really like is to just pull a 350/T5 from any recently wrecked camaro/firebird with an ignorant owner and pay $400 but that probably isn't going to happen icon_rolleyes.gif Time to start buying the parts trader again...

Guest kc6wfs

Ya keep your eyes out for the reclycler mag.

A few weeks ago saw a 89 camaro v8 350 4spd for 600.00 Totaled in the rear.

Deals are out there!!!!

Good luk. Keep us updated.

Dave

Guest Anonymous

Hey Nion I know exactly how you feel. I've owned a couple Z cars and finally got the V8 bug myself. So I bought a "good" body for a couple hundred and started in on it. Three years later all I had completed was most of the body and 100% updated brakes. Hey, if you're going to go fast, the first thing to think about is stopping fast. I wasn't until about 6 months ago $2500 dropped out of the sky and now I'm almost ready to Roll it out of the barn, without pushing it! If you do all the work yourself (and know what you're do'n) and have a couple good friends in the junkyard/dealership/Napa/Autozone/machine shops... it's going to take at least 2.5k. Better get hopp'n on the summer job. Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...