HybridZ

will stock rear-end hold up?

Guest rbahadosingh

Guest rbahadosingh

i just put a rebuilt 350 in my 72 240z. from the mods on the engine i should be pushing out ATLEAST 375hp smile.gif . what do u guys suggest i do to the rear-end? will the stock one hold up. my friend thinks that its not strong enough. do you think ill have trouble hooking up?

Guest 240hybrid

Well if you still have the stock R180 in the car,No its life span wont be very long with that kind of HP. I would recommend a LSD unit from a 87-80 300zx turbo if you can find one. Avoid the 88 all white SS viscous model. The CV's splines are unique to that unit. I would think if you grabbed the CVs that go with it, you should be able to run it without problems. Im sure someone will correct me if this is untrue. Then theres alway a Quaife LSD unit....very costly, but one of the nicest positraction diffs. I can think of, but you pay for it...$1200.00 lowest Ive seen and thats just the diff. No housing or installation. You can run just a standard open diff., they will hold that power from what I've heard, but their not too great at getting the power to both wheels. Good luck with your selection.

Chase

Guest Anonymous

The LSD is tough to find, for a quik mod going to a R200 would be nice. I've run the same one for 3 yrs. behind a 400hp vortec motor, and now a 420hp dart headed one, the carrier and stubs are doing good. But I believe I have a bent control arm? But the R200 open has done me well. Just no parking lot donuts anymore.