HybridZ

NEED OPINIONS QUICK!!!

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THIS ENGINE SOUNDS, SINCE I AM NEW TO THIS AND DON'T HAVE THE PEOPLE AROUND ME TO HELP ME OUT:>>>

...freshly built, completely assembled 350 Chevy engine. I have over $1500.00 invested in machine work, parts, and short block assembly. Block is a .60 over, 4 bolt block(3970010)with NEW flat-top pistons, reconditioned rods, crank turned .10/.10 w/ oil passages chamfered for improved oiling, NEW Melling High Volume Oil Pump and pickup, NEW Main and Cam bearings, NEW 260 cam, lifters, and pushrods, factory GM aluminum intake (458520), HEI distributor w/ NEW wires and plugs, Heads, fresh from the machine shop, are 3932441 castings with 1.94/1.60 valves, and 76cc chambers. Heads and intake assembled with all NEW bolts. Engine also features NEW water pump installed, NEW harmonic balancer installed, NEW fuel pump installed, NEW water temp, and oil pressure switches installed, lots of NEW chrome including valve covers, timing cover and pointer,dipstick and water neck. Crank and water pump pulleys also installed. You can't get much more complete than this. Especially for this kind of money!! Engine has never been cranked and is sold without warranty.

<>

Dan

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

and yet another one>>

...1. 350 small block bored .060 over, Bore aligned and decked for smoothness. (over 1000.00 in engine work by T&S racing). 2. New Forged TRW pistons 9.5:1 ratio, 4 valve relief. 3. Double moly piston rings. 4. New Trick Flow 64cc Aluminum heads 2.02 intake and 1.96 exhaust (900.00 Value). 5. Balanced and Bluprinted lower end by T&S racing. 6. Crank is .010 under/over bearings to match. 7. 5.7 h-rods shot peened and also balanced with crank. 8. 7QT Moroso Oil pan with High volume oil pump combo. 9. New BHJ dampener. 10. ARP crank and rod and head bolts. 11. Felpro head gaskets. 12. Crank turning nut. 13. New Carter race pump, This Carter street pump flows 120 gph at 6 psi. That's double stock flow. 14. Balanced High rpm flywheel. I have been building engines for over 10 years. I wanted to put this motor in my 71' Monte Carlo but I am buying a house and will not be able to finish this engine. I have had dreams of finishing this engine because it will rock! Looks like it will not happen...

Dan

Guest Anonymous

The only comment I'd have about them, is that they're .060 over which means its out as far as it can go and will have no rebores left on the block. If I were buying a used engine, I'd look for one that was like .030 over (or a original one that I could bore to .030) just to give me two rebores, if the price was right I'd probably get the .060 engine and while I ran that one, I'd be building another one on the engine stand to swap all the good parts onto when that engine decides to check out, but thats just a personal opinion

Regards,

Lone

I agree with what Lone said about the 0.60 overbore--but if you take care of the motor, it should last you a long time anyway!

The second engine listed has nicer parts and waaay better heads. I'd opt for the second motor. What are the cam specs? If the cam is too radical, you could put in a milder cam and really enjoy that motor.

The first motor is ok, except for the heads and that it has no warranty. If the motor is "cheap" then it might be a deal anyway. Hopefully it is not overcammed, or just has the stock grind cam.

Are you pulling these off ebay or what?

Davy

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

yeah, I am, why? where else should i go to find an engine? See, my car doesn't do it for me anymore (hehehehe, civic) and I've been reading all kinds of post here and at zcar.com and visiting everyone's sites, and this just seems like the best, cheapest(relative), easiest way to go fast, and look good doing it. so I guess I am in some sort of a rush, but I can't rush anything when I know so little. It doesn't help that I'm 21 and a speed freak too. hahaha.

dan