HybridZ

Gauge selections

Guest Locutus

Guest Locutus

I have 4 of the 5 gauges I can fit in my dash so far. The Speedo, the Tach, Oil pressure and Water Temp. Now my 5th selection I have to chose between which is more important to know voltage or fuel levels. I am leaning towards fuel levels because if I think if I have an electrical problem I can whip out the old multimeter, but knowing volts will do me no good if I am stranded with no gas. So with that being said if I do go with a fuel gauge, do I need a 0 ohm E - 90 ohm F guage or the 8-12 ohm F - 73 ohm E gauge to work with the stock fuel sensor? or does anyone know the range I need?

Mike

[This message has been edited by Locutus (edited July 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Locutus (edited July 09, 2000).]

I always have thought that volt meters are overrated as far as a core gauge set goes. I'd say its pretty much a no brainer to go with the fuel level... Sorry I can't help with the resistance selection.

------------------

Drax240z

1973 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

Just for you.... :-) I've got an empty tank in the garage and I got up off of my rear and measured the sender for you (smile).

80 Ohms Empty, 10 Ohms full. Sender is in decent condition and seemed to work when I parked the car so hopefully that'll give you the data you need. Looks like you'll have a bit of a cushion when the guage you buy reads empty so that's probably cool.

Go for the fuel level guage - that's what I'm doing. I'll give up the Amp guage no problem, I don't like all that juice going through my dash anyway. Just not enough places to put guages in this car without tacking them on someplace (sigh). Will add more myself if I have to but am hoping to keep guages to a minimum.

Oh yeah - this measurement was from a 1972 240 so YMMV if you've got something else in your garage...

[This message has been edited by BLKMGK (edited July 09, 2000).]