HybridZ

Headlight harness copnversion!

BLKMGK

Okay guys - how do we go about submitting tech articles?

I just spent a couple of hours witht he "Painless Wiring H4 headlight harness" converting my car :-) Unfortunatly it seems I was a bit late as my headlight switch was flaking since the last time I drove the car and somehow I smoked a piece of the harness in the column :-( Not to worry, it's an easy fix and the harness DOES work - no load on the headlight switch now except for the relays.

I took pics, I've got tips, I'd like to write it up and get it posted here as I'm sure it'll help some folks out and maybe draw some traffic. Heh, and I'd like to get some credit too ;-P

I won't spoil it but I will say that it's NOT nearly as "painless" to do this on the Z as it might be another car. The MADD harness written up in Car Craft this month might actually be a better one for the Z - I'll read their article to see.

Bottom line is my headlights are much BRIGHTER, like WAY brighter, and I won't smoke my switch anymore once I repair it this last time...

Hook me up guys - I'll start writing it up tomorrow evening after work. I'm no HTML whiz so some help would be nice in that dept.

P.S. DOH! Can't edit my title (lol)

[This message has been edited by BLKMGK (edited July 05, 2000).]

• Administrators

If you send it to me in MSWord or plain text format ill convert it to html and hook it up.

BTW everyone, Mike Kelly has submited his write up on his car, I just finished laying it out with the pics.

Look for it soon...

------------------

Dan "I need bigger tires" Porter, 78 280Z, 383, 475hp, T56, Move outa my WAY!!!

http://24.4.88.44/members/dporter/DanZ.html

On it's way! I didn't do too much formatting, bolding, etc. but the text is all there and I don't think I skipped any steps. Pics aren't great but neither is my camera, I may yet have to buy another one for this kind of thing.... Enjoy guys!