HybridZ

weatherstriping

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey well i will get the car back to the house in about two weeks. i am painting it right now. but the question i have is where can i get the weatherstriping in a kit and i do mean all the weatherstriping. i looked in motorsport auto and added up all the prices for buying it individual and it came out to $1000.00. wow does my wallet hurt now. i was wondering if you all had any ideas where i could get a better deal. i need all from windows to light seals. before i started painting the car i stripped it and i mean stripped it. when i get done painting it i will post a picture on the rides site and see if you all approve. there is quite abit of excellent looking cars on the rides site but i hope to join in on the fun. well later and any help is appreciated.

Try Precision Replacement Parts Corporation. They sell a kit that includes almost every weatherstrip for a Z (including the windshield and rear glass as well). The kit is very good with the exception of the door seals. Many people have had problems

with these because they are not "metric" (to thick) and a little to hard. You will end up slamming the doors all the time.

The problem has been reported to Precision many times by many people but they have never changed to kit. They are expensive, but if you need door seals buy the factory ones.

I used the complete kit on my car but ended up replacing the door seals so I speak from experience. You can find the Precision web site here http://www.prp.com/

I think the Z Barn http://www.zbarn.com/ sells the kit for about $250. The also have the factory door seals.

Guest Anonymous

hey thanks alot speedracer. i think that i will go with the z-barn. i appreciate the response and the experience. you just saved me alot of money and time. later