HybridZ

Adjusting 81 cas

Iowa280zx

Is there a certain procedure to adjust a 1981 280zxt crank angle sensor? I got all the downloads and manuals, but they are pretty vague about the 81 bolt on cas.

So far i can't find any reliable way to set it without just turning the adjustment screw blindly and starting the car to see how it runs...

I should look into getting a 82-83 dizzy/cas setup but i have to make use with what I have at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated because this is driving me nuts :D

proper gapping between the trigger wheel and the pick up on the CAS is 1.2mm(.047in)

I loosened up the top and bottom bolt, held a feeler gauge in there and pushed it in while someone tightened up the bolts for me. voila

There are 4 bolts and one screw involved.

First is to spray some penetrating oil on the screw which should allow the sensor to move within the channel.

The two outermost bolts will help you get the gap and angle correct.

The two inner bolts allow for up and down movement when loosened but you should check whether moving it up or down changes the clearance at either the top of bottom.

The other thing you should do is ask why it would need to be changed.

If your timing is too advanced, check whether your idle position switch is working.