HybridZ

sumitomo htr-200

I have a mostly stock 79 280zx, n/a. I Just bought a new set of sumitomo htr200's 205/70/14 off of tire rack for $265 delivered. I put one pair on it now (I am in the process of refinishing a set of stock 280zx wheels). I put them on the rear and went from an older set of mastercrafts.

I cannot believe how sticky these tires are from the mastercrafts. I went from leaving 15 foot streaks of rubber to a 2 foot streak with tremendous acceleration. I know that most people like to go with a bigger wheel for handling purposes, but I didnt want to suffer a loss of sidewall on my wonderfully rough michigan roads better suited to 4x4's.

I just thought I would throw this out because I couldnt find a lot in the stock tire size, and nothing local to me could be found for even close to $265.

If anyone has has problems with these tires I would like to hear it, but so far the ride is nice and the tires stiff enough for aggressive street driving, and still pleasant on the highway.