HybridZ

Water Injection

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi all!

I've been collecting parts to put together a water injection system on my 83zxT. I was thinking about using my old fuel pump, a bosch adjustable fuel pressure regulator, with an NOS nozzle as the basic system, triggered by a pressure switch that closes at 4 psi (I'm running up to 15 pounds of boost). I just found out that NOS nozzles are open & don't have a solanoid, so now I'm thinking about using a 250 - 300 cc injector that I would wire to open when the fuel pump is triggered by the pressure switch. At this point I have everything except for the injector or nozzle. There are a couple of kits out there for a couple of hundred dollars, but you guys know how budget constraints are sometimes.

Has anyone put together a water injection system? I was planning on injecting just before the throttlebody. What kind of parts did you use & what kind of results did you get? How did the tweaking go & what did you have to do to get it dialed in? I'm a little concerned that I won't get enough fow with an injector. Here's where my web site is, so you can see what all is in the car if you want; http://www.users.uswest.net/~ndjulie/280zx/Default.htm

Thanks for any ideas & feedback!

Doug 83zxT

dgnordin@uswest.net