HybridZ

Adding 'Engine Boost' gauge to your MegaTune

Noddle

Hi,

I been looking for this for a while now, and in the end megatune allready had the option, it just needed to be enabled

so, the file lives under ..MegaTune2.25mtCfgexamplesboostVacuumGauges.ini

the instructions to use are inside the file,

; To use, stick an include line in the custom.ini file.

;

; #include "boostVacuumGauges.ini"

very easy in the end.

Also I found today how to show PSI in MegaLogViewer

from the menu select, Calculated Fields Optional Fields Boost(psi)

and add it to your quick views (Boostpsi)

Nigel

i can never figure out how to do this stuff in the ms files.its probably because i dont use a computor for anything but web surfing.i believe this uses microsoft note pad or somthing?this kind of stuff in the megasquirt has caused me hours of fiddling only to have to get the neighbor from across the street(works in i.t.) to have to do it for me.if you show me how-i will forget it later.my brain just doesnt grasp this kind of stuff very well.i grew up in the days of carburators and bigger hammers.i have a 2 year electronics degree but software drives me nuts.writing a program in binary wasnt my thing-when i was in school it was pre-windows days.

Edited by randy 77zt
spelling

i can never figure out how to do this stuff in the ms files.its probably because i dont use a computor for anything but web surfing.i believe this uses microsoft note pad or somthing?this kind of stuff in the megasquirt has caused me hours of fiddling only to have to get the neighbor from across the street(works in i.t.) to have to do it for me.if you show me how-i will forget it later.my brain just doesnt grasp this kind of stuff very well.i grew up in the days of carburators and bigger hammers.i have a 2 year electronics degree but software drives me nuts.writing a program in binary wasnt my thing-when i was in school it was pre-windows days.

Here you go, since I have 15 minutes to burn

Make sure you have the 'BoostVacuumGauges.ini' file in this location.. (PIC 1)

At the bottom of 'BoostVacuumGauges.ini' there are 2 lines regarding where the gauges will show - use notepad to open it. (PIC 2), if you only want the boostgauge, and not the other one, make it look like this

; gauge7 = vacuumGauge, Note to change the location of the gauge change the number gauge2

Now find yours cars 'custom.ini' file (PIC 3)

now add this line #include "boostVacuumGauges.ini" where it's shown in PIC 4 with notepad

Nigel

13544_thumb.attach

13545_thumb.attach

13546_thumb.attach

13547_thumb.attach

13548_thumb.attach

BTW, VacBooGauge adds 1 gauges that shows vacuum AND boost, kind of like the autometer gauges where one side is in in/hg and the other PSI.

Is this for MS II, or extra ?, the reason, some one else said a similar thing, but that was for extra

Nigel