HybridZ

hybrid turbo

BlueZ31

Im out here at twentynine palms c.a. for electronics/comm school and in my downtime ive been tooling with some ideas of mine, one includes this.

Ive got my hands on a battery powered blower which flows 460cfm at 230mph, im curious as to if i was to use 2.5in tubing to connect this to a relatively average sized turbo what could be done to possibly create boost, (this is just to see if any would be possible, an experiment if you will) now i know that the sound wave that preceedes the exhaust wave creates force on the impeller and pressurizes the system, so in theory could i combine a ultrasonic or just plain loud sound device in combination with the blower to create enough force on the impeller blades to pressurize a average size 4 or 6 cylinder gasoline engine? my other idea would be to use a hydraulic system using a high pressure (1,400psi) water jet on the impeller in a closed system, but im dead set on the above mentioned idea.....any thoughts or criticisms? i would be using my 87 zx as the testbed for this.

also if anyone can give me an estimate of the decible rating of the exhaust pulse exiting the combustion chamber ( im guessing around 150db) and also an estimate of the exhaust pulse frequency around 3,000-3,500rpms on a 6-cylinder engine (i know cams ect affect this i just need a estimate for instructional purposes only) anyone who can provide this info i would greatly appreciate thx.

also if anyone can give me an estimate of the decible rating of the exhaust pulse exiting the combustion chamber ( im guessing around 150db) and also an estimate of the exhaust pulse frequency around 3,000-3,500rpms on a 6-cylinder engine (i know cams ect affect this i just need a estimate for instructional purposes only) anyone who can provide this info i would greatly appreciate thx.

No idea on the SPL (I'm assuming that this is what you were looking for in the decible rating question).

Exhaust Pulse Frequency:

3000rpm single runner: (3000rev/min)*(1min/60sec)*(1 pulse/2 rev)=25pulse/sec

3000rpm at the collector: (3000rev/min)*(1min/60sec)*(6 pulses/2 rev)=150 pulses/sec

3500rpm single runner: 29.17pulse/sec

3500rpm at the collector: 175 pulses/sec

awesome, exactly the formula i was looking for, im in the process of putting together a experimental version, it looks as though ill have to have a speaker and controller that will pulse exactly as the engine would to have (i would assume) the same effect on the impeller, and as it would appear from my research about 120db would be correct if not slightly less.