HybridZ

Oil leak!!!!

Arif

The block off plate on the front of my L28T head has a broken bolt. The plate won't seal with only 2 of the 3 bolts in the head. Because of the location (in the front of the engine) I can't drill it out without pulling the radiator to get at it. Is there a type of sealant that is resistant to engine heat and oil that I can use? Any ideas are welcomed.

------------------

http://communities.msn.com/TurboZ

Guest Anonymous

JB weld will work, Disassemble parts, clean them, mix and apply as directed, let cure and hope you dont have to take apart again. It will help if you use a rough grit sand paper on the mating surfaces also. JB weld is a two part epoxy available at most auto parts stores. Mark

Guest Anonymous

a right-angle adaptor on a drill motor might fit in that tight space (???)allowing you to remove the bolt...or JB Weld...how good a repair do you want to make???

Guest Anonymous

Hey Arif, JB weld works for threads that won,t be highly stressed, of course if you can tap new threads this would be the best way to go or you might try a heilcoil thread insert. Mark