HybridZ

This is a shot in the dark but.. anyone have experience with

QWKDTSN

I obtained three Prelude seats, one driver and two passenger seats. They're great, the driver's seat has memory reclining, reclining in tiny increments, lumbar support, and ADJUSTABLE SIDE BOLSTERS! It's great! Spin the knob to the left, and the seat's flat as a board, but spin it to the right, and the bolsters squeeze your sides tight! I love it. Only problem is, the rails are much wider than the rails on Z seats. If they were the same width, I wouldn't have any problem mounting the seats. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm going to have to custom-make brackets to fit the seats in. My one concern is having the seats be too high. I'd like to keep the seats nice and low. One other thing - I have to stay with the stock brackets because they're an integral part of the seat. If I take them off, the back isn't securely attached, so I can't use aftermarket. Thanks a bunch.

I have Prelude seats in my Z but I think mine are older than the ones you have. They don't have all those cool adjustments- just lumbar. Can't remember for sure but I think they are out of a 91. They are wider than the original, and crush ever so slightly when you shut the door. Adapting them to the current seat bracket was pretty easy. They do sit you up higher, which I actually preferred. I'm 5'10" and I still have plenty of head room with a helmet on.

Nion, Craig from Ideal-Z who frequents this forum often, wrote an article on swapping seats that you might find useful. He has also given some insight and opinions here, just check the archives under "idealz." Otherwise, visit his website Ideal-Z.com smile.gif

David