HybridZ

Buffer/Angle Grinder

I have been aquiring tools for my upcoming first car/ 240z project with my pops and got to thinking. I remember once seeing an angel grinder with a buffer attachment and can't seem to find it. The buffer is not for a car, but to rub in this compound to make black rubber not look so faded on his boat. If anyone knows what I am talking about or has one please let me know the brand.

-Thanks

When I painted my car I bought a power buffer, which sounds like what you are describing,

I firstly went to SuperCheap and there's was sh$t, then went to a specialty Automotive paint shop and purchased an Angle-Grinder type power buffer, big 9" sucker!

They are not like ordinary Angle-Grinders though, they only spin at 2800-3200rpm, and are designed to buff your polish, they differ from a normal Angle-Grinder, which will spin at over 10,000rpm and ruin your paintwork :-)!

Should be able to grab one from any Automotive Paint Store!

Angle grinder used for buffing - you're going to melt something.

Buffer used as an angle grinder - torque-less wonder :P

For a buffer, bigger is better. Same with the grinder, but I find using a smaller wheel to be more handy.

Alright nice to know...I figured that something might have been out there cause of the variable speed settings on many of them and the similarity in design. I guess not, but hey maybe a future idea:flamedevi

Sorry mate, I might have been unclear in my reply, I have an Angle Grinder with a buffer attachment on it, it's purpose is to help buffing a car after you have wet'n'dried it - it's a big 9" Angle Grinder, but its not an ordinary Angle Grinder, it runs at 2800-3200rpm all the way down to about 500rpm, not a fixed 11,000rpm like my "normal" 9" Angle Grinder, it runs at this very low speed because it is designed for buffing, not grinding/sanding - sure this is probably what your saw been used on the boat?

I will get a pic of mine for you, your in Australia? you should be able to get the same one as what I have from most Automotive Paint Shops for about $100AUD!