HybridZ

Removing front wiring harness from car

Guest Locutus

Guest Locutus

I have pondered this for days. I have a 77 280Z and since I am prepping the engine bay for paint and also welding on the frame rails, etc, I want to remove the harness to protect it. What I can't figure out is how does it come out? Do you remove it from the front or the inside? On the inside it is plugged into another harness and a white plastic block that the dash harness plugs into. Obviously the block will not fit thru the hole, but neither does the fusible links. I prefer not to cut on the harness till I have time to blow up the wiring diagrams and eliminate what I don't need at that time. Any suggestions?

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I just finished doing this on mine at the weekend. The loom runs right around the front of the car from the coil through the lights, horn etc until it gets to all the relays on the inside of the fender. It then runs through to the outside of the steering column. If yours is the same as mine, there is a white block that connects most of the connectors for the fascia panel, and only one connects to the loom that you want to remove. You can disconnect all the connectors from this block (they're colour coded), then undo the single screw holding it. Only one block should be connected to loom that you want to remove and this should be blue. A small tap from the drivers seat side on this plug connector should remove it from the white mounting plate. All the other connectors attached to this loom should be able to be disconnected....provided someone hasn't hard wired any accessories into it. You can then pull the loom through from the engine side.