HybridZ

Interior day today.

Drax240z

Well today was interior and audio day for me, since I am still waiting on the #$)$(%$ flywheel and pressure plate bolts from motorsports. I put a rush on it, and got it sent UPS air to get it here as fast as possible, and its still been 3 weeks... not here yet.

Anyway, enough venting.

Swapping over the orange (which was origionally tan, but turned orange in the sunlight I guess) interior panels to black. Everything but the headliner is now black, which is fine. I am going to try to dye the headliner shortly. Ended up removing the tool box covers and making up some wood ones and mounted my Cerwin Vega 5" in there, facing up. I think imaging will be decent to the front seats, despite the high back on the seats. It made for a very clean install. (had to cut a hole in the carpet too, but everything blends well and looks clean)

I was thinking I'd put the tweeters up front on the top of the dash, aimed at the glass so the sound reflects forwards at the people.

10" sub and amp still haven't found a home. The sub may just go in the spare tire well along with a civic donut spare. (I'm running honda adapters) I had planned on mounting the amp behind the passanger seat vertically on the face there. (240z) Turns out its too wide to fit there well. (argh) I may have to try to get it under the passanger seat.

The dash now sports mechanical oil pressure, boost, and water temp gauges. EvanPurple helped me out a bit there to get them mounted right, and they look way SWEET now. I found some autometer gauges that fit nicely with the stock black/white theme, and had a chrome bezel. The bezel looks really nice in there once I got them mounted right. Pictures will come soon. smile.gif

Anyway, thats the interior story for today! Tomorrow is dash re-install and wiring day. And maybe SDS install day too, and maybe engine install day if those bolts finally come. (ok, I'm not likely to get all that done)

------------------

"Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Richard Lewis - 1972 240z, Powered by a Nissan 2.8L Turbo Inline 6.

Drax240's Turbo Site

Beginners Turbo FAQ & Answers

Drax, the tweeters you may want to consider mounting on the plate between the dash and the windshield. It's easily removable, metal, and would look good with small tweeters. What size are your tweeters anyway? I should have asked that first!

Yeah Davy, thats what I had in mind actually. I had seen a couple Z's with that done and it seems to be a good place if you ask me, as far as imaging goes.

Tweeters are only 1". No problems there. I just hope I have enough speaker wire for the crossovers.

Finally finished a roll of film today, and will take it in tomorrow. Maybe by tomorrow evening I'll have scanned them all and put them up on the web... lots of older pictures! (I wish I had a portable digital camera..)

------------------

"Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Richard Lewis - 1972 240z, Powered by a Nissan 2.8L Turbo Inline 6.

Drax240's Turbo Site

Beginners Turbo FAQ & Answers

i am rebuild my interior right now in my 77 cause its going to motorsport show.had that crummy white interior.i have had the changeover parts and a molded motorsport carpet set for a couple of years but i am tired of old insides.the vinyl strip around the top of the doors and windshield -i got some black vinyl spray for that .i am going to mask it off and spray it with out pulling it out.i have some trick looking cloth for headliner.i am just going to use some jet ski mat glue and glue it up.i fitted the front carpet section and pulled it out to get a leather boot sewn up to hole for shifter.forget the console-i just going to have carpet.i bought some 4" boston coaxial speakers for oem speaker holes.i put more carpet padding in for noise control.the plastic panels and door panels came from pick&pull-$30 for all and door panels were just replaced on the car i got them off of.i hope it looks good when i am done.