HybridZ

Has anyone ever done this here? (Q45 retrofit)

I saw this the other day on a Japanese auto forum and I thought it might be kinda cool to do. They are $200 on eGay. Im loving the treatment on the valve cover though, looks almost Rhino Lined or something of that nature.

prettyinterestingheadlights.jpg

P1050262.jpg

P1050263.jpg

P1050264.jpg

P1050266.jpg

DSCF0256s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got my hands on these today:

IMG_1219_sm.jpg

7" round, very nicely made, DOT/SAE approved/rated, robust heat sink, all metal construction on the backside. Wiring is heavy duty, connectors are good quality. Light output seems very good. Current draw should 2.5amp lowbeam, and 4.5amp highbeam for the 12V version. Paid $311.14 each, 10000 hour life. IMHO these have the potential to make HID's obsolete.

Edited by Drax240z

Im loving the treatment on the valve cover though, looks almost Rhino Lined or something of that nature.

it looks just like my valve cover, I painted it with Harley-Davidson crinkle engine paint, you can get it at any harley dealer. Its very tough and looks fantastic.

I also thought of doing the nissan cima headlights, i seen them on n mr2 looked very nice.

Got my hands on these today:

IMG_1219_sm.jpg

7" round, very nicely made, DOT/SAE approved/rated, robust heat sink, all metal construction on the backside. Wiring is heavy duty, connectors are good quality. Light output seems very good. Current draw should 2.5amp lowbeam, and 4.5amp highbeam for the 12V version. Paid $311.14 each, 10000 hour life. IMHO these have the potential to make HID's obsolete.

Where did you get these from and where can I find out more about them?

Cheers Rob