HybridZ

Bad Stumble Under Boost - Data log included

75280z

Alright here is the scenario.

I just got MS running on my car idleing great, but when i try to drive her she starts stumbling really badly at around 3000 RPM under load and also when trying to just maintain speed. i thought it was a timing issue but I am unsure at this point. The first couple runs i made with the car she didn't do it then it started so I started the datalog. Pulls really hard untill that point though! I am still new to this and still learning any help would be greatly appreciated.

Car Setup-

l28et-stock

Innovative LC-1 wideband

MS1 v3-MSNS-extra

I am willing to answer any questions you have for me thank you in advance.

datalog.zip.zip

Edited by 75280z
I forgot details

I cant promise to help much but ill give it a try ( am also new to MS and tuning ). I'm at work right now so i can look at your log. If you dont mind, let me know which version of code your running and perhaps post your .msq file and ill take a look later on this evening.

a quick look at your datalog seems to indicate your running way lean at higher RPMS (O2 is pegging out*)...also, your spark seems to be way off. Not sure if your loosing spark at higher RPMS or your table is set wrong..or your base timing is incorrect....i would suggest you start by verifying that your timing aggress with what MS reads while idling (using a timing light), then your spark table, then your VE table.... (increase the values at higher KPa and RPMS)...hope this helps.

* i am assuming that a higher value on your O2 indicates lean and a lower value indicates rich.

* Lean out your settings when idling. It appears your running rich...shoot for a lamda of 14 to begin with (whatever that is on your O2 sensor)

Thats my 2 cents.

Alright Kijana Thank you so much for the help and the advice. I found out what my main problem is.

I was losing fuel pressure when I went about like 3000 RPM. It wasn't doing it when i first started the car, but when I would drive it and then rev it it would stumble even sitting still. So I started looking and the tank had a bunch of crap in it. So I emptied it and cleaned it.

She is running like a champ now. I didn't have time to do it correctly by coating the interior of the tank. I am moving Tuesday and needed the car somewhat drive-able.

I learned 2 big lessons from this. 1. crap in your fuel tank is not good. 2. it is very important to have a fuel pressure guage inside the cab that you can monitor while driving.