HybridZ

Systems check is acting funny

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

On my 82 280zx the dash has a systems check on it. It checks everything after starting the car. Right now it is reading a warning for water. It's funny because the radiator is full and I just replaced the thermostat. I don't know where to begin. Has anyone have this problem before? What should I do to fix it?

Guest Anonymous

Probably sounds to obvious, but if it did it after changing the thermostat, did a wire get unplugged or something? Just a thought.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

You got Gremlins. these first showed up on WWI fighter planes, no explanation or reason. On my first 240 ( back in 77) my car just quit. my Dad hauled it home and we thot it had jumped time. We only took out dist and I think oil pump(connected on L6?) and put it back as it was. Fired up like normal after that, but all indicaters before (fire, timing) said all hell was loose. GREMLINS

Mark

NO STRIPES

Guest Anonymous

I'm sorry. I didn't explain to clearly. The water warning was coming on before I changed the thermostat. I thought if I change the thermostat it would stop giving me the warning. But it didn't.

Find the sensor that feeds that warning. I'll bet it's in need of attention. Is this thing supposed to be indicating water TEMP or LEVEL BTW? Do you have a temp gauge to go with it if it's supposed to be reading temp? icon_confused.gif