HybridZ

240zBoys 72 240z RestoMod

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got a knock and ended up spinning a rod bearing or two and messing up the crank. Rebuild time. Going to throw in a big cam while I am at it, high flow oil pump, fix 5th gear and maybe grab some better flowing heads. Of course I got to get my crank re-grinded and see if rods are reusable ughhhh this sucks.

• 10 months later...

Haven't updated this in a long time haha. Rod knock was much more severe then thought and resulted in getting the cylinders bored and a new crank. Along with it I got it decked and the motor hot tanked. Threw in a big cam that is made by CNC or something like that. Read up on it and its kind of a mystery cam but I like it. Thought it was going to be to big but it still turned over and has a beautiful sound. So now it's a 355 with hyperteuctic pistons.

In addition, overheating was what caused my engine failure so I got an aluminum radiator with a big summit racing fan and built myself a custom shroud out of alluminum. Is doing a nice job. To be really safe I am also wrapping my headers when I attempt to get the exhaust a little higher in a couple weeks.

Anyways I got to fixing fifth gear as a clip backed off fifth gear. Have better interior pieces on the way to. She is leaking a little oil and tranny fluid so a family friend is going to fix that while I am finishing up my summer school session at college. Good news is, the motor is a monster and I love it.

This is a photo someone took from the show I attended before leaving for school.

post-4199-098332500 1339719575_thumb.jpg

Edited by 240zBoy

Awesome work guy! I like the way your car turned out, simple and clean. I'm shooting for a similar build on mine. I recently got a set of 16x8's as well. Still working out tire sizes, may I ask what size you're running in the pics above? I like the way the car sits.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I am at a college summer session right now but I will pm you when I get back. Thanks for the compliment, they worked out great, I did put longer studs and a spacer on the fronts because the fronts just pairly kissed my toyota brakes. Could have took a grinder to the brakes a bit if I wanted to but figured I shouldn't. I actually have 2 extra spacers and 2 sets of the longer quest studs somewhere at home because I didn't put them on the back. I did have to use a dremel to get the spacers to fit flush. Let me know if your interested.

Update:

Toreit open with a family friend last weekend on his lift to check out the rear main. It was a brand new seal we put in but it failed. Just a cheap product I guess. Went out and bought a metal/rubber $20 rear main seal and siliconed the piss out of it. Dry as a bone as of now. Tranny also needed to be resealed along the shifter. WOOHOO! Fully opened it up when I was driving home and it is so much faster than before! Time for the exhaust when I get back!

Edited by 240zBoy

• 5 months later...