HybridZ

Need Some Insight

NewZMan

I have a 83 280ZX Turbo, totally stock from the bottom up. I am running MsNS extra on MS1 v3 PCB.

I just upgraded to an EDIS 6 and got the car idling. The problem is I get an intermittent Timing Light signal and when throttle is applied the car will stumble and die. The idle is perfect though. I have searched and searched this site, but couldn't find anything close so I'm begging for some guidance.

It seems to be advancing. I compared what was showing on MegaTune with a timing light and they appear to match. The idle is solid and strong, and I'm beginning to think its fuel related. When the gas is added it stumbles and sometimes dies and appears to be running really rich.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a tuning issue. I've got it dialed in much better, with a nice smooth idle and smooth throttle response at idle. I changed out my wiring to shielded cable and things seem to be much better as far a noise goes. No resets. Next will be a test run and logging. Wish me luck!:)