HybridZ

My '71 240z Project

Hey everyone, I've been on HybridZ for a while now and never got around to sharing my own project. I bought my 1971 240z exactly a year ago for $1200 and towed it home. It wasn't drivable because the slave cylinder was shot, the front differential mount was missing (the differential was hanging from the rear mount and drive shafts) floors were rusted out (as expected), old rubber bushings were almost gone, interior was in poor shape, and there were a lot of minor problems here and there. Other than that the body was perfectly straight and the engine ran strong with 156k original miles. It also came with brand new Tokico shocks and springs.

Last summer I got it in good daily driver shape. I bought a cheap welder and welded in new floor pans and patched some holes. I replaced all the bushings with new poly ones, rebuilt the carbs, replaced all the intake/exhaust gaskets, and installed all new interior.

I am very happy with the progress I made last summer. I've been using it as a daily driver since then. I haven't been able to any serious work during the year because of college and breaking my leg (that's another story...). But now that school is out and my leg is healed, I'd like to get back to work on it. I'll try to keep posting any more progress I make. It is still a work in progress. Here are some pictures of before and after. I'd love any advice or comments.

Before:

img0178l.th.jpg2240zinterior.th.jpgimg0177a.th.jpg

img0184rwy.th.jpgimg0182d.th.jpgimg0386mnd.th.jpg

After:

img0390v.th.jpgimg0380b.th.jpgimg0385a.th.jpg

img0382r.th.jpgimg0387s.th.jpgimg0388ath.th.jpg

Cheers,

Dylan