HybridZ

Not looking foward to it.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I bought my 82 280zx from a tow yard. That means I really don't know how the previous owners treated the car. I was replacing my fuel injectors and seen two red wires with the installation bubbled. One was grounded to the intake manifold and the other was grounded to the body. I didn't have the time to get into it right away, but that day the two wires fried all the way to the dash. They lead to two connectors on the passenger side over the fuse box. There is a total of four wire harness connections there. The wires under the hood were red, but changed to black under the dash. After these wires fried, when I step on the brake I can see it takes a quick chunk out of the volts. The gas gauge also stops working.

If some one has the same car, can you tell me where it leads? Or what I can do about it.

• 1 month later...
Guest V8wannabe

Any chance they are from a "custom" stereo, alarm or guage install long since removed after it fried? The power change you see could be from the burned with wire with no insulation(-) touching a live source? Good luck!