HybridZ

Radiator Plumbing

Guest MM_280Z

Guest MM_280Z

For those of you who are "Still Inliners," I have a question about the radiator plumbing on 75 280s.

It is about that short, narrow pipe that traverses the block above the fan clutch. I decided to replace my hoses, but looking at this I can't use any standard tubing because the pipe requires approx 3/8" while the connections on the manifold and pump require 5/8." Thus I'd need adapters or to buy the custom formed replacements to match the two.

Well, right now I'm thinking of just running 5/8" clear across the block and eliminating the metal piece altogether! My question is why didn't they do that to begin with? At first I thought maybe it was because of the length or proximity to the fan blades but there are flexible fuel hoses etc nearby, and it really isn't a danger I don't think as long as the hose is tied down properly.

Also, what are the best hoses to use for radiator/fuel/etc., and where to get them?