HybridZ

Getting a stocker though Emissions part 3

Guest RON JONES

Guest RON JONES

Well I got it to pass last week.I put a couple gallons of Alcohol in it(I got it at the track)just before I pulled in to the testing facility.Check this out,the CO #'s were 0.02!before it was 5.45 and the limit is 3.27.The car had a 1/2 tank of gas in it before I put in the Alcohol,so It wasn't like it was running on pure Alcohol.I was very surprised with the #'s.My highly modified Truck is due up for Emissions.I think I'm going to dump a couple gallons of Alcohol in it and not even try to get it to pass on just gas.

The alcohol does nothing to your seals/gaskets etc or run to hot? (I'm not familiar with burn characteristics of it). I've had good success with ~1 litre (1/4 gallon) of methyl hydrate per 1/2 tank of gas. I've heard it's not the best for the motor but so far both motors I tore down after using for a few years (annual inspection/sniffer) were still fully sealed and nothing abnormal at all. I only use a 1/2 tank so I can burn it off quickly......I WON"T be doing this with the EFI now installed.....hopefully I can just build a program to get me thru now.

GLAD you got it thru Ron icon_smile.gif

Guest RON JONES

I already ran the tank through and filled it up with fresh Gas.Doesn't seem to be any problems.I don't think it hurt anything.